Friday, May 21, 2010

Quick Thoughts

The public library may be one of the greatest things in the USA. You go there, take anything you want, and as long as you return it within three weeks, there is no charge. I've got eight hours of flying coming up over the holiday weekend, so a book or two is going to be a necessity. Hell, I may even pick up a DVD to watch on the flight as well. The choice is mine, thanks library.

I know I shouldn't be excited about Tim Sylvia vs. "The World's Strongest Man" Mariusz Pudzianowski, but god damn, I'm absolutely giddy about this fight. I don't even know what I'm rooting for in this fight. Tim Sylvia weighed in at over 300 pounds, the last time he did that, he got knocked out in like twelve seconds. Pudzianowski is literally all muscle, but that also means he gasses in about two minutes. There is no way this will be a good fight, and at the same time, there is no way that I won't be wildly entertained by it. Thank you Moosin for finally bringing the freakshow Japanese matches to the USA.

The new artist that I'm pimping on anybody who enjoys good country is Josh Thompson. A really good album that has a ton of good songs on it. I personally thought his first single, "Beer On The Table" was one of the weakest songs on the album, but the new single, "Way Out Here" is really good along with most of the rest of the album. I'd put it ahead of Eric Church's last CD, but still behind Justin Moore's debut album.

I purchased a fan a couple days ago, and it was an excellent purchase. Then I broke it today. Luckily, I'm a man, so I popped off my shirt, put on my shortest pair of jean shorts and fixed that fucker right up. That's just another reason that I'm an alpha male.

It is really sad that anytime I see a report involving BP, I immediately think Baseball Prospectus.

I'm not sure if you've heard the fantastic news, but Gus Johnson is the voice of Madden 11. That is awesome. Honestly, there's no reason he isn't the voice of every video game. Not just sports video games, but every video game.

I'm not sure if there's a funnier or more honest music lyric than Steel Panther's line in the song "Girl From Oklahoma" where they state, "Hair on your nipples, zits on your box, in Oklahoma City, you're considered a fox." Brilliant.

I'm a huge fan of the real Jose Canseco on Twitter, but I think my favorite fake person has become NotJayCutler. He basically comes across as the coolest person ever. Today, he wrote: J-Cutty Love-Making Tip: Before bedding your woman, yell no as loud as you can. That way you can say she was just mocking you.

-Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment