Friday, July 16, 2010

Debit Cards Are Ruining Bummies Lives

Just a quick post today as everybody is getting ramped up for the weekend. I was walking out of Wal-Mart today as I picked up a few things on my way home when a bummy stopped me. He asked me for spare change so he could get to work, and I told him I didn't have any. A pretty reasonable turn of events all things considered. The great part of this was that I didn't have any spare change. In fact, I rarely ever have spare change due to using my debit card for pretty much everything.

I love debit cards, but it could eventually eliminate the bummy. Yes, bummies are annoying and they pester you sometimes while also making you feel uncomfortable. But they're also hilarious. During my time in Seattle, I ran into a bummy who was also an engineer who promised me that a bridge was going to collapse. A few months later I ran into a Hungarian Nazi who offered to give me a book after his girlfriend stole his dog and had her bummy friends beat him up. I love bummies, and I really don't want to live in a world without them but I truly worry about debit cards possibly leading to their extinction. Just something to think about going into this weekend.

-Joe

P.S. Here is a video of Yogi Bear getting in an MMA fight with the park ranger. Yogi's got pretty solid ground and pound, but his cardio definitely needs some work.

No comments:

Post a Comment