Friday, August 27, 2010

Quick Thoughts

Alright, I've been pretty lazy with the blog writing lately, so I decided to at least take a mind dump of some shit that I've been thinking or reading about.

First off, my UFC picks for tomorrow night's card are Penn, Couture, Maia, Maynard, Diaz, Lauzon, Winner, Salter, Ospiczak, and Pierce. Also, I'm still depressed about Chael Sonnen losing, but here's something to get you pumped up for the co-main event tomorrow.


What do me and BJ Penn have in common? Hulk Hogan was a major influence in our lives.

If you're a nerd, you were probably very interested in the MLB team financial documents being leaked on Deadspin this week. I was way too lazy to actually read them, but the gist of it is that small market teams are hording money. I think we all knew this. Also, MLB was already proactive last offseason in pressuring the Marlins into spending more money while also heavily investigating both the A's and Pirates. There is no point for a team to consistently have a 50 million dollar payroll when they could have a couple of 30 million years, and then go up to 70 when they can actually be competitive. But still, the Marlins front office are a bunch of scumbags for fleecing the city of Miami for a new stadium that they are barely paying any money towards. But hey, the city of Miami is retarded for believing it. Marlins ownership is to the city of Miami as guys are to naive girls.

Speaking of naive girls, here is some amazing advice from Kenny Powers.

I'm probably not going to be an active participant in this, but I sure hope they're successful.

I'm sure many of you have seen this, but it's tough to not love an article that calls Iowa "The Big Ten's Most Rapiest Team."

Speaking of Hawkeye football, next weekend is the beginning of the season. I'll probably be hitting up the local Iowa bar here in the ABQ, but it will be tough for them to match up with the Western Washington I-Club. I just hope that there's no Florida or Purdue douchebags at this place.

I was really hoping that this Booze wasn't going to be an issue, but shit could get bad for the Bulls.

This movie is going to be awesome.

Please God, if you're in Bosnia, do not draw first blood with this man.


-Joe

P.S. Thanks for all the birthday messages.. I have considered every piece of advice that I received yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment