Thursday, October 29, 2015

I Love When White People Describe Other Races

Today's post is just to give a quick shoutout to one of my favorite things in this world. It's when white people are describing someone from another race. Too often, they try to be too progressive and not see skin color in their description of a person. 

I was working on a college campus, and they were trying to describe this black guy named Greg, but they refused to say black guy. It was one of the most painfully hilarious conversations I have ever overheard, as it went something like this.

Guy 1: Oh, you know Greg. He's about our age, in good shape, real friendly.
Guy 2: I don't think I know him.
Guy 1: Oh yeah you do. Nice guy, I know you'd know him if you saw him.

There are like three black guys who work on campus, but guy number one just refused to state the obvious and state his race. As a white male, I'm not allowed to make any proclamations on what is and isn't appropriate when it comes to race (or any other issue for that matter), but I will go as far as saying that I'm pretty sure it's okay to describe someone using their race...

...but I am 100% sure that it is hilarious if you choose not to state the obvious.

No comments:

Post a Comment