Tuesday, September 1, 2020

WWE Is Ruining... Matt Riddle


This is my fault.

I said it was impossible, but I should have known to never underestimate the WWE.

If anyone can fail a can't-miss superstar, it is them, so I only have myself to blame for the latest development in Matt Riddle's storyline.

When the #SpeakingOut movement took over the pro wrestling world, likely ending the careers of many professional wrestlers, Matt Riddle was also accused of sexual assault. This is a complicated subject, because I do think that you need to take every accusation seriously, but it seems more likely than not that Matt Riddle was not guilty of sexual assault. I have talked to a lot of people to make sure that me really liking Matt Riddle as a pro wrestler is not skewing my view of the situation, because I really don't want to be that guy, and it seems like he's likely innocent, although there is no way to fully prove that.

What Matt Riddle was guilty of was having an extramarital affair with this woman. That's not great, but I'm not one to judge other people's relationships. So the WWE did what anybody would do when you are trying to get a babyface over as the ultimate good guy, have the bad guy bring up that he cheated on his wife. I mean, who wouldn't want to cheer for our polygamous protagonist?

I don't know what the hell they were thinking, but I don't see how it advances ANYTHING. It's just stupid and in poor taste. I would say that maybe this makes me think Riddle is more innocent, because there is no way they could be this tone deaf if there was any chance that the sexual assault allegations were true, but considering their handling of Velveteen Dream's accusations, that is giving the WWE way too much credit.

I mean, just imagine if instead of Roddy Piper crushing a coconut on Jimmy Snuka's head, he instead brought up that Snuka, the babyface hero, allegedly murdered a woman in a hotel room. Oh man, Piper would have been hated, and Snuka probably could have had a World Title run with the crowd fully on board with the guy who murders women.

To top off the stupidity, Riddle, who should be full of anger at Baron Corbin for bringing up his most embarrassing moment, beats Riddle with a flip off the top rope. This is a man who is known for absolutely brutal submissions where he twists his opponent's bodies and elbows them in the face, and to settle this grudge, he hits a flip to get the three-count. Not exactly retribution in my eyes. 

Hopefully, the WWE is smart enough to drop it immediately and never mention it again. They inexplicably drop all kinds of thoughts and ideas, so it wouldn't exactly be a shock. 

But come on, WWE. Riddle has so much natural charisma and incredible in-ring talent that this should be about the easiest slam dunk in history. The only thing you need to do is get out of the way and let him be a transcendent superstar and world champion. 

Although the name may say otherwise, this isn't a complicated Riddle, Bro.

Other Wrestlers WWE Is Ruining
Aiden English
AJ Styles
Cedric Alexander
Cesaro
Chad Gable

1 comment:

  1. I want to thank Dr Emu a very powerful spell caster who help me to bring my husband back to me, few month ago i have a serious problem with my husband, to the extend that he left the house, and he started dating another woman and he stayed with the woman, i tried all i can to bring him back, but all my effort was useless until the day my friend came to my house and i told her every thing that had happened between me and my husband, then she told me of a powerful spell caster who help her when she was in the same problem I then contact Dr Emu and told him every thing and he told me not to worry my self again that my husband will come back to me after he has cast a spell on him, i thought it was a joke, after he had finish casting the spell, he told me that he had just finish casting the spell, to my greatest surprise within 48 hours, my husband really came back begging me to forgive him, if you need his help you can contact him with via email: Emutemple@gmail.com or add him up on his whatsapp +2347012841542 is willing to help any body that need his help. 

    ReplyDelete