Tuesday, November 26, 2019

XFAlpha Podcast Notes - Episode 1

Jonah and I have started a podcast that takes a deep dive into the XFL, fittingly called the XFAlpha Podcast. You can follow along with everything XFAlpha @XFAlphaPod on twitter or email us at xfalphapod@gmail.com. The audio for the first episode is not the greatest, but the content makes up for it. Spoiler alert, we did get the audio fixed for future episodes. I'll be posting my raw show notes for each episode here, but make sure that you download the episode, and rate and review us if possible.

DOWNLOAD THE EPISODE HERE

The XFL Draft was such a disappointment, because it was just an awful viewing experience. Vince McMahon doesn’t know anything about football, but he does know about showmanship, and it was so cheap looking that 
They took a damn lunch break.
The big issue is that they could have given an inside look. 
I would have liked to see them have a draft, but then do an inside the draft process where they highlight discussions in the individual draft rooms so you get an idea of what they are thinking. It was such a missed opportunity.
Also, line up some player interviews. They are all about building personalities, so let these guys talk. 


  1. DC Defenders - Cardale Jones and Tyree Jackson
    1. Cardale Jones didn’t come to play school. He came to play football. And he led Ohio State to a National Championship. He has a big arm and is fairly accurate so there’s a lot to like about him. 
    2. Tyree Jackson is legit. Big arm, threw some beautiful deep balls. I didn’t think he looked that athletic on the field, but he did test out ridiculously well. Shocked he couldn’t make a roster.
  2. Tampa Vipers - Aaron Murray and Taylor Cornelius
    1. He’s from a family of winners as his brother won The Bachelorette. He was a four-year starter at Georgia but just never had an impressive enough arm to actually make anything happen at the next level. 
    2. Taylor Cornelius was a guy that I saw over the week at the East-West Shrine Game last year, and I thought he was the most impressive quarterback there. Now, it wasn’t the stiffest competition, but I thought he had some good tools and a nice arm, so he’s my pick to be starting for this team. He also played his biggest in big games as he balled out against Oklahoma and West Virginia, coming close to two upsets, but still getting one done against the Mountaineers.
    3. Vincent Testaverde
  3. New York Guardians - Matt McGloin and Marquise Williams
    1. Matt McGloin is an overachiever who went from walk on to starting quarterback for Penn State and then went undrafted to starting six games for the Raiders. Now he was bestowed as one of the Great 8, so I’m guessing that he is a disappointment in his first opportunity where he is not seen as an underdog. 
    2. Stopped Trubisky from starting earlier in his career. He did fairly well in relief for San Antonio of the AAF, but unless they run the option, he probably won’t beat out McGloin.
    3. Garrett Fugate
  4. Houston Roughnecks - Phillip Walker and Connor Cook
    1. Walker played under Matt Rhule at Temple, so definitely some good coaching before sticking around the practice squad of the Colts. Interceptions were an issue.
    2. Connor Cook just seems like a turd. I will admit that I have an unnatural hatred for Michigan State quarterbacks. I mean, I don’t hate Cousins, but I feel like the guy has been shoved down my throat because one time he said YOU LIKE THAT. But I just remembered Cook started a playoff game. Not sure if you remember, but it did not go well.
  5. Dallas Renegades - Landry Jones and Philip Nelson
    1. Landry Jones started four years for a super talented Oklahoma team, but the guy just never got better and continually threw too many interceptions. He actually started five games in the NFL, and the best thing he has going for him is his old college coach, Bob Stoops, bringing him aboard.
    2. Philip Nelson gave a teammate brain damage, so not exactly a guy I’m going to be rooting for.
  6. Los Angeles Wildcats - Luis Perez 
    1. Luis Perez, after dominating Southwestern College, could no longer be overlooked by his dream school of Texas A+M....Commerce. He hit 70% of his throws and throwing for over 5,000 yards while leading his team to a National Title and winning the Heisman of Division 2, the Harlon Hill Trophy. His time with the Birmingham Iron left a little to be desired as he had more picks than TDs and barely completed 50% of his passes.
  7. Seattle Dragons - Brandon Silvers and Joe Callahan
    1. Silvers was nearly an AAF hero and completed 64% of his passes in that league which is a fairly good sign of how he might perform. Same percentage he had while throwing for over 10,000 yards at Troy.  Still, he wasn’t good enough to make a training camp even after that performance which shows he probably doesn’t have that high of a ceiling. 
    2. Joe Callahan was 5-7 for 11 yards in an actual NFL game. That’s not great, but he did play in an NFL game. He’s had seven stints in the NFL, including the Packers twice. There’s a good chance Aaron Rodgers forced him out. 
  8. St. Louis Battlehawks - Jordan Ta’amu and Brogan Roback
    1. Jordan Ta’amu wasn’t good enough to beat out Shea Patterson and as someone who has watched more Michigan than I would like to admit, that is not a great sign. There’s just nothing that stands out about Ta’amu, so I can’t really add much more than that.
    2. Brogan Roback is benefiting greatly from being on Hard Knocks. Good for him. He has a better chance of making it as a punter which he did some at Eastern Michigan than he does as a quarterback. 

3 comments:

  1. Hello everyone, my name is Alfreed siang  i am here to say a big thank you to my doctor DR OLU who helped me enlarge my penis.i have never had a happy relationship in my life because of my inability to perform well due to my small penis, due to frustration,i went online in search of solution to ending my predicament and than i came across testimony on how DR OLU has helped them, so i contacted him and he promised to help me with penis enlargement,i doubted at first but i gave him a trial and he sent me the product which i used according to his prescription and in less than a week,i saw changes in my penis and it grow to the size i wanted and since then,i am now a happy man and no lady complains again about my penis.if you also need the services of my doctor,you can also contact him on his email..drolusolutionhome@gmail.com   or his whataspp is +2348140654426

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Name is Dr Olu Herbal Remedy is 100% guarantee for Penis Enlargement you can Contact Me via Whataspp +2348140654426 For Best natural male enhancement Product with 100% guaranteed results. I prepare top Herbal selling male enhancement product with herbal formula and no side-effects . Contact Me Via Email : Drolusolutionhome@gmail.com Via WhatsApp: +2348140654426

    ReplyDelete
  3. My  name is Reid Veronica from CANADA.help me to thank Dr  UGO He is a man of his word and the solution to all kind of problems, I call him the physical God on earth because of what he has done for me with his powerful spell, My husband left me 5 month ago and he was leaving with another woman just because I find out he is having affair with this woman, I feel like my life is completely over. I read over the internet how a spell caster have help several people to get there lover back. I have been depress for the past five month and what i need is to get him back and live with him happily because I love my husband so much. a friend directed me to Dr UGO and she told me what he has done for her so i decided to give it a try so i contacted him on dr.ugo.temple@gmail.com and explain my problems to him and he cast a love spell which I use to get my husband back and now my life is complete and both of us are very happy with the relationship. and I am throughly grateful to this man,his contact email is dr.ugo.temple@gmail.com if you are out there passing through any of this problems or predicaments in your life. just contact him on his Email above or whatsapp him on +2348056534515  

    ReplyDelete