Friday, November 2, 2018

At Least Feel Guilty About It

We live in a horrifically messed up society. Our president is a man baby who only cares about himself. I honestly don't think he has any ill will towards immigrants, but he sees an opportunity to increase his popularity, and he would do anything for that. If people he never met die because of his words, it's not going to phase him, because he simply doesn't give a shit. There's no bad intentions from him, but if people die, they die, and he's fine with that. If a second holocaust would increase his popularity, you bet your ass that he would be the first to preheat the ovens, and he wouldn't feel one bit of guilt.

Somehow, nearly as messed up, is that there are "intellectuals" who defend Donald Trump. I use the term intellectual, because literally the only thing you need to do to be considered one is to take a contrarian view and...actually, that's it. Just take a contrarian view. You don't have to make a compelling argument, you don't have to provide evidence. Then they got commended by other privileged assholes for having such a fascinating opinion.

Then, despite their being no evidence, people believe this ridiculously stupid shit. People actually think that Donald Trump cares about them; people think vaccinations are bad, and people don't think raping women and lying about it matters when selecting a member of the Supreme Court. How are these actual things that people believe in?

Worst of all, there are people who vote for Republicans and don't feel guilty about it. I was born and raised in a state that has had Steve King in office for 15 years, and he doesn't even attempt to hide his racism. Republicans only goal is to make the very richest people on this planet richer. If it kills poor people, they do not give one shit. How is it possible to not support healthcare for all? Like, how can someone consciously think that people should die in order for them to pay $75 less in taxes? How could someone vote for that platform and not feel guilty?

Let me make this clear: If you vote Republican, you are a bad person. You are actively hurting those most in need and helping those who have no needs at all. I'm not perfect, but at least I can rest easy knowing that I am not intentionally hurting the less fortunate.

I should note that most Democrats are awful pieces of shit too. Their biggest fight is for decorum, but enough of them fall in line when it matters that they let this evil shit happen. Although there are some good ones (my current state, Florida, appears to have an awesome one running for governor), there are many that are just the lesser of two evils. But that lesser of two evils is at least not actively trying to enact laws that kill poor people and minorities, and in my book, that is a pretty freaking big deal.

I'm not expecting this to change anyone's mind, but when you go and vote, just think about what you are actually voting for. If you are comfortable with innocent people suffering just so you can get a 60 inch instead of a 55 inch TV, then go for it.

But at least feel guilty about it.

1 comment:

  1. Hello i want to share my amazing experience with the greatest spell caster Dr omohan my husband was cheating on me and when i found out we had a fight which lead to him filling for a divorce i cried and fell sick when i was searching about love quotes online i saw people talking about him and his great work whose case was similar to mine they left his contact info i contacted him and he told me not to worry that after 24hrs he will cancel the divorce and be back to me after i did everything he asked me to do to my greatest surprise the next day evening it was my husband he knelt down begging me to accept him back,thank you once again Dr omohan you are indeed a blessing to me he can also help you contact email: dromohanspell@gmail.com WhatsApp +2348164816038   

    ReplyDelete