Tuesday, August 6, 2019

2019 WWE Brawl For All: Heath Slater vs. No Way Jose

The tournament continues on, and I have yet to have a winner in this thing despite having the earlier pick in the last round. Today, we get to see if a former Golden Gloves Boxing Champion has what it takes to beat up a dancer, and typing that sentence does not give me confidence for my pick.

Jonah’s #3 Heath Slater vs. Joe’s #6 No Way Jose
Jonah: Heath Slater is a former Golden Gloves champion. No Way Jose is a pretty big guy, seems like a pretty good athlete, but doesn’t have any amateur wrestling background or boxing or striking experience I can find. Jose has a puncher’s chance, but Slater is a successful trained boxer, I think he takes this one.


Joe: You gotta love Jose’s size and gas tank; I mean, it isn’t easy being in a conga line for that long. Yes, Slater has the advantage in boxing, but with Jose’s quick feet, can Slater cut off the ring to even land a punch? You got any endurance accolades for ol’ Heath, because otherwise, this could be a classic rope-a-dope situation.


Jonah: I mean he went through a Golden Gloves boxing tournament and is a one man band, that’s all endurance.


Joe: Although I think Jose gives him some issues with his footwork, he also seems easily distracted, so I’m going to have to concede victory here and give it to the One Man Band.


Jonah: 1MB all day.

1st Round
Akam vs. Curtis Axel
Jason Jordan vs. Shelton Benjamin

No comments:

Post a Comment