Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Black Lives Matter

I’ve had a lot of thoughts floating through my head over the last week. When the video of George Floyd being murdered by a police officer first came out, I was sickened. I wish that I was shocked, but how could I possibly be shocked by this? Instead, my only thought was, “Again?” This shit, where a police officer kills an innocent black man, happens again and again and nothing changes. 
 
This isn’t just about George Floyd. It isn’t just about the big stories like Michael Brown and Tamir Rice and Eric Garner and Trayvon Martin. I could keep going, and those are just the ones that got national attention. It’s the tip of the iceberg. And even the murders aren’t the whole story. It’s the constant harassment for the crime of being black. I know that I live in a different America than black people do, and even though I try to educate myself, I still can’t fully comprehend how much tougher a “normal” day is for them compared to me, because we have created a racist system that is designed to beat them down, physically, mentally, and emotionally.
 
So no shit there are going to be riots, and people who lament against riots are privileged pieces of shit, because you have given the black community no choice. The motherfuckers in power were too offended by people taking a knee during a national anthem. A fucking knee during a song that has no reason to even be played before a game between two teams from America. They couldn’t allow that peaceful protest, because those black people were committing the crime of making white people uncomfortable. And those in power got their way; they changed the conversation to kneeling during the national anthem as the big story where cops murdering innocent black people got moved to the back pages. 
 
So the cops were able to keep murdering them. This EXACT story happened six years ago when Eric Garner was held in a choke hold and kept gasping, “I can’t breathe,” and the cops just kept him there until they took his last breath. I mean, just take a second, no, take a minute, a full fucking minute of your day to think about that. Unless you have lost all empathy, it will make you sick. 
 
Imagine if that was you. Imagine being trapped, not being able to breathe, and pleading for those that are there to “serve and protect” to please just give you an inch of relief. And they can’t be bothered to do that, because YOU, helpless on the ground, are the threat to the four fully armed police officers. What do you think about during those last breaths? You think about your loved ones, and that you’ll never be able to see them or let them know how important they are to you. Just thinking about that as a hypothetical makes me ill. One thing I’m guessing that George Floyd didn’t bother thinking was, “Why?” Why was this happening to him? Because he already knew. He knew that a black person who makes the tiniest misstep no longer has the right to live; he has to depend on the mercy of a system that is set up to destroy him.
 
Police are murdering minorities and not even missing a paycheck. When people protest police violence, the police show up in FUCKING TANKS, start running people over with cars, and shooting tear gas and rubber bullets at point blank range. And the media tells you that it’s the people who are rioting that are the problem. Our system is broken.
 
I’ve been trying to think of ways to wrap this up, but in all honesty, I’m just sad. I’m a privileged white male, and I’m beaten down. I can’t imagine what it’s like to be black. 

3 comments:

  1. HIV/AIDS cannot be cured through drugs and injections,but the best way to get rid of HIV/AIDS permanently is by taking natural herbal medicine for it,and If getting HIV cure through drugs and injections was that easy then why do a lot of people still suffer from HIV?. i was diagnosed of HIV back in 2015 and i was also told it has no cure, i have been leaving with it since then, but i keep praying and doing everything possible to get cured, but i never stopped doing my research about finding a cure, till i came across testimonies about people getting cured through herbal medication, and i have always believe in herbs and its medical properties, after doing so many research about it i found out,Dr. James was the one who cured them and i discovered he was a professional in herbal medication and he has also helped and cured many HIV/AIDS patients, i contacted him, we talked on phone and i confirmed he was genuine herbalist Doctor, i did all he told me to do, after 2 days of contacting him,He told me the cure is ready and he sent it to me through FEDEX Express courier service ,The medicine got to me in 3 days time, . I used the herbal medicine as he prescribed it for me, after taking his powerful herbal mix medicine morning and night for 21 days I was completely cured now, I went back to my doctor to confirm it. Do not be deceived THERE IS A CURE FOR HIV/AIDS, doctors might tell you there is no cure but WITH HERBAL MEDICATION THERE IS A CURE and if you need to know or get cured from HIV or others disease such as Diabetes, Herpes virus, Cancer,Hiv/Aids,.Parkinson's disease,Schizophrenia,Lung Cancer,Breast Cancer,Colo-Rectal Cancer,Blood Cancer,Prostate Cancer ,Epilepsy Dupuytren's disease, Diabetes ,Cardiac disease, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresS sclerosis,Seizures,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic diseases.Hiv_ Aids,Herpe ,Copd,Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,
    Dementia.Lupus.
    ,Cushing’s disease,Heart failure,Multiple Sclerosis,Hypertension,Colo_Rectal Cancer,Lyme Disease,Blood Cancer,Brain Cancer,Breast Cancer,Lung Cancer,Kidney Cancer,Hepatitis B, Liver Inflammatory,Diabetes,Fibroid, CONTACT DR JAMES ON
    EMAIL drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com
    WHAT'S APP +2348152855846 WEBSITE
    https//drjamesherbalmix.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blog is so great, I can’t help reading one and then another one. But these comments are ridiculous, casting spells and herbal treatment for the illnesses that couldn’t cured by modern medicatoin… No one is buying it and do us a favour and shut the fork up! This man writes about lots of brilliant stuff and especially this one is so sensitive and moving… Humanity is needed and also being realistic.

    PS: I loved your blog but you haven’t written since 2020. I hope that I can read more from you in the future, soon preferably :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesil, if you're looking for more writing, and you're interested in parenting topics at all, I do have a separate space of https://dadtalk.substack.com/

      Delete