Thursday, February 2, 2012

The Bulls And Dwight Howard

I was reading Bill Simmons latest column on Grantland, and he brought up the possible trade of Dwight Howard to the Bulls. There is nothing close to happening, but most believe that it would involve Joakim Noah, Omer Asik, and Taj Gibson. Does that trade make sense? Absolutely. Rose, Rip, Deng, Booz, and Howard would give the Bulls the best starting five in the league. The bench would be weakened, but it would still be solid. It logically makes sense, but it still makes me feel gross. Here’s the thing, I don’t want to lose Joakim Noah; I love Joakim Noah. I don’t want to lose Taj or Omer either, because I love those guys too. And yet, I should be willing to drop them like a bad habit in order to get Dwight Howard? Do I love Dwight Howard? Hell no. He’s just some dude who’s really, really, really great at playing basketball. Yet here I am, ready to sell out three guys I love watching play for a better chance at a title.

So I’m taking a stand. The Bulls don’t need Dwight Howard, and in fact, if I have to give up those three guys, I don’t even want him. I’d rather see the Bulls win with the guys they have as opposed to winning it with Howard. Plus the thought of Scalabrine playing meaningful minutes in the playoffs is a little too hipster for my likings.

I love the Bulls just the way they are, but if they could get Tyrus Thomas back, I certainly wouldn't oppose it.

No comments:

Post a Comment