Friday, December 22, 2017

Tino Sabbatelli and Riddick Moss Share Everything

Something odd has been going on during the last month of NXT. It has been subtle, but it has been fascinating to watch things unfold. The tag team of Tino Sabbatelli and Riddick Moss have been having very weird interactions together when speaking with competing NXT tag teams. It all started when they ran into the Street Profits who were admiring a Maserati.

As Montez Ford and Angelo Dawkins were waxing poetically about the car and how one day, you and I may be lucky enough to afford one after hard work, Sabbatelli and Moss came up to tell them to get away from the car. But it was a little odd, as it wasn't Sabbatelli's car, and it wasn't Moss's car, instead, they claimed duel ownership, referring to it as "our car." I have a wife, and if we saw somebody messing with my Volvo, I still would not refer to it as our car. It's my car. I mean, my relationship is pretty solid with my wife right now, but clearly, we are not on the same level as Moss and Sabbatelli.

But it does not appear to be a sexual thing. In the below video, they make it clear that they are better dressed, drive nicer cars, and get finer women.

I mean, yeah, they might be bisexual, or they could just be trying to overcompensate for their homosexuality as they feel it might hinder their chances at success. But I think I'm going to take them at face value here, and say that they like the ladies.

So what does this mean about their relationship? Here's my theory: They really like nice stuff, but they're still just in NXT, so they don't quite always have the money to get what they want. So instead, they pool their resources together so they can upgrade their situation. Here's how it all started:

Tino: I think I might treat myself, you know get a Volvo.
Riddick: Woah, I was thinking about getting a Volvo too.
Tino: So, then we'll have two Volvos?
Riddick: But we only have one parking spot, so should we play rock, paper, scissors to see who gets the Volvo?
Tino: Wait a second, what if neither of us get a Volvo, but we both get what we want.
Riddick: What do you mean?
Tino: Instead of fighting about who gets to have a Volvo, what if we pool our resources together and get one Maserati? That way, we don't have to worry about the parking space issue.
Riddick: Bro.
Tino: Dude.
Riddick: Chicks?
Tino: Yeah.

And it just escalated from there. I'm sure one time they were at a restaurant, and they both wanted burgers, so instead, they shared a steak. Instead of both of them getting a 50 inch TV for their rooms, they got a 70 inch TV for the living room. I also imagine that sometimes it backfires on them, like the time they were both going to get queen-size beds, but instead went in and got one California King. That one, they didn't think through.

When I first figured it out, it seemed odd, but the more I think about it, the more beauty I see in the evolution of what a friendship can be. They're the Upgrade Guys, The Splitsies Chums, The Divide It Dudes, The Even Stevens, or, my personal favorite, Sharing Is Caring.

I can't wait to see where it goes. Knowing these guys, we haven't seen the half of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment