Friday, June 28, 2019

The Ultimate NXT Draft: Picks 111-120

I know what you're thinking. How are you still not done with this thing? Trust me, even when we got on a run of drafting guys every 10 seconds, it still felt like it dragged on forever. But these are the sacrifices we make. I would say that there is a significant dropoff at this point as it turned into more of throwing darts at a board than really being genuinely excited about the picks. Jonah went Asian; I went for love.

111. Jonah selects Rocky
Jonah: Rocky is also Chinese so I think I’m going to give him a Rocky Balboa gimmick to throw everyone off. He looks like a pretty big guy too, so I’m very happy with my selection of two large Chinese guys.

Joe: I’m absolutely fascinated how WWE decided to call this man, Rocky. There has to be some sort of inside joke, right? Did he break his hand punching a wall? Was he dating a woman named Adrian or had a cousin named Mick that always came around? This can’t be a serious name so I really need to know this story.

112. Joe selects Eddie Dennis
Joe: Eddie Dennis is tall and speaks well. Classic double-threat. He had a fine match the one time I saw him in person, but everything about this guy screams heel.

Jonah: Eddie Dennis is tall and he has made it on TV. He needs to add some mass on top of that height though because Eddie Dennis ain’t got no cuts.

113. Joe selects Isla Dawn
Joe: Isla Dawn is a lady, and you can’t teach that. She’s kind of got a Melisandre vibe to her, so she better capitalize quickly on that since Game of Thrones is over.

Jonah: Isla Dawn is a Scottish wrestler and she’s got that great red hair. She’s got a good amount of experience and has actually wrestled Asuka. Good potential pick here.

114. Jonah selects Dave Mastiff
Jonah: Dave Mastiff is huge, over 300 pounds and looks like a badass. He has also made it on NXT UK TV already, so who knows, he could develop into a monster.

Joe: He’s just a short fat guy, but he does have some good technical skills. I just don’t see much you can do with him outside of skilled jobber. A poor man's Bull Dempsey.

115. Jonah selects Nina Samuels
Jonah: Nina Samuels was a Rosebud, so she’s destined for stardom. She’s got a good look and is already competing on NXT UK TV. She’s got a few years of wrestling experience so just put that together with that Rosebud charm and strap a rocket to her back.

Joe: She is okay at wrestling, and I feel like 115th really is her sweet spot for this draft.

116. Joe selects Mike Kanellis
Joe: Mike Kanellis just signed a new five-year contract as the WWE was absolutely scared to death that he might leave WWE and put AEW on the map with the power of love. I feel like this is somebody who doesn’t suck as bad as we think he does. Plus, he seems happily married, so I basically get Maria in the deal as well.

Jonah: I mean no one cares about Mike Kanellis, he makes face Roderick Strong look like The Rock. He’s fine in the ring, but he’s got no personality or charisma and is only OK in the ring. Give me that potential star over him every day. Congrats on getting Maria.

Joe: Sounds like you don’t believe in true love.

117. Joe selects Oliver Carter
Joe: I did a Google image search of this guy before the draft, and he was coming off the top rope. I like when guys fly around, so I think I’ll like Oliver Carter just fine.

Jonah: From what little I can find on Oliver Carter he does sound like a pretty good high flyer. I was pissed that he’s nowhere close to the top of the Google search list for “Oliver Carter”. Get a cooler name guy.

118. Jonah selects Boa
Jonah: Boa has decent size and he’s a purple belt in BJJ. Plus he’s Chinese and my show is going to be number one in China.

Joe: Even the biggest stars in OWE are Japanese.

119. Jonah selects Ashton Smith
Jonah: This guy is experienced, he’s been wrestling since 2007. He made it to the quarterfinals of the UK tournament and he’s got some cool moves. Plus he’s from Jamaica and has a move called Cool Runnings, that’s dope.

Joe: The quarterfinals of the UK Tournament? Wait, is that just the first round? I’m not going to look it up, so I’ll just assume it’s the first round.

120. Joe selects Brian Kendrick
Joe: Technically, the name is THE Brian Kendrick, which makes him the favorite wrestler of every garbage person in Ohio. He’s different and would be really useful if he lived in alternative universe, like he could be on Bray Wyatt’s kid show and fit in perfectly while getting incredibly popular. In reality, he’s probably going to wrestle for a couple more years before becoming a trainer at the Performance Center. He’s a solid guy that can fill some time.

Jonah: The Brian Kendrick is a pretty good wrestler who’s been around forever. He’s also a completely garbage person He’s a big follower of David Icke who not only believes in lizard people but is a huge fan of anti semitism. Enjoy Joe.

Joe: I’m not going to look up if this is true, because ignorance is bliss. But if it is true, I have a solution. A best-of-seven series with WALTER. In it, WALTER gets disqualified three times for excessively beating a man, that’s when he really gets mad.

No comments:

Post a Comment