Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Breaking Down the Pepsi Soccer Commercial

I do not want to go into great details like I did on the Verizon NFL Mobile commercial last week, but I still need to point out a few irritating aspects of the Pepsi Soccer/Concert commercial, because the lack of logic shown in it really bothers me. Here is the commercial, in its extended entirety:

I'm not going to stress much about how these guys come to a concert/rave/I don't know what the hell is going on later than everyone else, because they gots to have their space. I'm also not going to stress how illogical it is that this event has no alcohol being served, and not even pop served, just a single pop machine. Luckily, that did not sell out in 15 minutes, because nobody needed anything to drink with the techno beats quenching their thirst.

What really bothers me is that these guys are a bunch of dicks. They just decide to get up on the crowd and run around like a bunch of jackasses. Now, obviously this is impossible, because they would immediately plummet to the ground and get stomped on by the crowd, but there are some specifically egregious things that really bother me.

What really bothers me is that a guy slides across people's hands.
He probably broke like 16 people's wrists by doing this, and this is only so he can kick a glow-in-the-dark soccer ball. Seriously dude, grow the fuck up.

Finally, this ending really irritated me.
This asshole not only conned these innocent people into carrying a god damned Pepsi machine, which is a total dick move on its own. He tops it off by sitting on top of it as he smugly drinks his Pepsi. Somehow, he adds a third level to his douchery by having the Pepsi machine on its side, meaning that nobody else could get a Pepsi, even if they wanted to. Gravity has to bring the can down the chute. What a dick.

So, yeah, those are the big reasons why I hate this commercial.

No comments:

Post a Comment