Thursday, July 28, 2016

5-Star Hotels Are Overrated

For my job, I have to travel once to twice a month, and because of that, I stay at fancy hotels that I would never consider if I were paying for it. This sounds like I'm living that baller lifestyle, but trust me, the only reason I'm there is because the fancy people I have to deal with need to be at fancy places. But after going to some of these things, I have to admit that I don't really get what makes a 5-star hotel so great.

I've stayed in a few of these places, and there really isn't many meaningful differences. They have a lot of meeting space, which doesn't really matter to me if I'm just randomly selecting a hotel. They have a relatively nice bar and restaurant, but I'd still rather go to a real restaurant or bar to get a little culture in my life. I mean, I guess their staff dresses nicer than the people at the Red Roof Inn, but I'm a big believer in comfort over style, so I side with Red Roof on this one.

As for the rooms, they're clean, but it's not like I'm staying in a Penthouse Suite. It's about the same size as other rooms. The bed is relatively comfortable, but not so comfortable that I actually get a good night's sleep, because I simply don't sleep in hotels very well. It is a flat screen TV as opposed to an old box TV, but I can't imagine that's the only thing that makes a 5-star hotel, especially since the last one I stayed in didn't even have HBO working in my room.

The one thing that did stand out is excellent water pressure. I would have said good water pressure with the shower as it had a good stream blasting me, but that was nothing compared to the toilet. That toilet had enough pressure to swallow a damn basketball. It was damn impressive.

But are hotels strictly based off of their toilet strength? Common sense would say no, but I really can't think of any other advantage that the fancy hotels have. So, I guess I'll stay in a 5-star hotel if I murder someone with my killer crossover game and need to get rid of the evidence. Otherwise, I'll probably just go with the cheap option and double flush my poops.

13 comments:

  1. Great blog, learned many things about hotels from this article very informative. If you are looking for the best hotels in Kanyakumari then templeciti is the best place for you.
    Hotel in Kanyakumari
    Hotels at Kanyakumari
    Hotel Booking in Kanyakumari
    Hotels in Kanyakumari near beach
    Budget hotels in Kanyakumari
    Hotels in Kanyakumari with tariff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, this is incredibly helpful, as I was just planning a trip to Kanyakumari, Japan, (Googles Kanyakumari), and by Japan, of course I mean India, home of Pocahontas (Googles Pocahontas), and of course that was just a fun joke I made as I know that we are talking about different Indians. Ah yes, Kanyakumari, these links will be very helpful.

      Delete
  2. Interesting takes about hotels. I remember my friend who recommend this hotel in QC. It is really affordable but the comfort it gave me is awesome. I felt very luxurious during my stay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I have the ability to feel luxurious. Just give me a comfy bed and a good internet connection, and I'm good to go.

      Delete
  3. I like your post. It really useful with me. Thanks for sharing these useful information.For information regarding hotel booking bookings please visit to the link.
    Hotels near Tonk Road Jaipur

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only reason to go to Tonk Road Jaipur is to find that Honky Tonk Badonkadonk.

      Delete
  4. It’s very informative and you are obviously very knowledgeable in this area. You have opened my eyes to varying views on this topic with interesting and solid content.For information regarding hotel booking bookings please visit to the link.
    Wedding hall in Gurgaon

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a wonderful blog.Thanks for sharing with us.Also if you are looking for a Hotel and Motel in Iowa then visit our website.
    Pet friendly motel in Cherokee

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would like to thank you for sharing this amazing and informative blog.Dutch Inn is here to provide a best hotel services to you.Here you get our website link.
    hotels near orange city iowa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Dear, Thanks for sharing such useful blog. Really! This Blog is very informative for us which contain lot of information about hotel knoxville . I like this post. Please visit at Hotels in Downtown Knoxville, TN

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hospitality given in hotels in camps bay can mean many things, but for me, it means being truly caring, trusting and investing in customers. It's hospitality that makes businesses strong and helps eliminate anxiety created by the paradox of choice—the overwhelming amount of options that customers are faced with on a daily basis

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good Post, It's an informative & helpful info.
    Keep growing and visit my blog too!
    Desert Safari

    ReplyDelete
  10. This article explores ways to evaluate the costs and benefits to adding a spa to a hotel consulting It looks at the earning potential and how to factor it into your financial statements to make a fair assessment and determine your ROI. Adding a spa can increase your occupancy, ADR, and revenue.

    ReplyDelete