Wednesday, March 5, 2014

The Value of Vanity

I have always been a huge supporter of self-confidence, and not just confidence, but flat out cockiness. This has manifested in my personality. I love me some me, and I'm not afraid to admit that. I'm also self-aware, and I understand that I am an incredibly vain person.

Don't get me wrong, I very much enjoy looking at beautiful women, but following closely behind (and it is a very close race) is staring at myself in the mirror. I adjust my body to different angles to find out where my muscles pop the most. I spend an embarrassing amount of time doing this.

None of what I have mentioned is inherently good, but my vanity is the main reason I am in shape. I love popping my shirt off and enjoying the view, so my wife is a lucky lady to get that same view.

Basically, all I am saying is that if you are superficial when it comes to looks, you should pursue people who are vain, because they are far more likely to stay in shape than people who stay in shape for sports. Sports go away, vanity is forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment